Churcher’s is a school which believes that a healthy environment is one which involves our parents as much as possible and we enthusiastically welcome any parent who wishes to give us any of their time.
There are many opportunities to volunteer as a parent at Churcher’s, ranging from ad hoc smaller roles to much larger commitments.
Which parents can pop in and help when possible, may include:
- Drama (hair, makeup and costumes for productions)
- Mock careers interviews or practice networking events
- Greenpower cars
- Getting involved in textiles activities
- Supporting OSCA activities & overnight trips
- Becoming a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Leader (Bronze or Silver level)
- Becoming a Business Advisor in the Young Enterprise
- Being part of the support crew for the annual Devizes to Westminster Canoe Race (DW)
- Supporting teams taking part in the Ten Tors competition
- Taking part in the Churcher’s Combined Cadet Force (Army, Navy & RAF)
- Coaching a sports team
Training and support is always offered. Parent volunteers will need to be DBS checked but we arrange all the paperwork. The huge amount of extra-curricular activities simply could not take place without parental support so please contact Sarah Dixon: [email protected] for more details or to discuss how you could help.